March 20, 2011

Our Little Getaway

Before we came to California, Frank wrote me an email that was a sweet, heartfelt, planned out idea to celebrate our anniversary.  I was so impressed as he is not typically the sort to have a FULL plan!  So, he did research and booked us a room at a resort on the ocean during our visit to my parents.  My parents graciously (and excitedly!) took the kids for the night and we had a relaxing, fun, beautiful stay!


As you have probably all figured out by now ...
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ocean ...

*The view from our room!!

and sunsets on the ocean ...


and waves crashing on the ocean ...


and walking the beaches on the ocean ...


and picnicking on the ocean ...


My hubby knows this and so found us a beautiful room where we had our own private balcony overlooking the ocean.  We ate our delicious take-out on the balcony, walked down to the ocean and watched the sunset, and then watched the beautiful night sky in one of the hot tubs!  And, we left our patio door open all night to hear the ocean waves crashing...awesome!!!


It was such a great time.  Thanks so much, honey....You're the best!!!  

*And Thanks Mom & Dad for taking the kiddos!! 

3 comments:

Megan said...

Frank - what a guy! You're a pretty awesome hubby... and brother in law! Love you two love birds! ;) Awww...sweet.

Kelly Marin said...

Awww....that's very sweet. Good job Frank! I know exactly how you feel about the ocean, I'm with you there. Isn't it amazing how you feel so peaceful when you're there, I always feel like I can breathe so deep when I'm listening and looking at the waves.Hopefully I'm not coming across like a crazy women, but thats the best way I know how to describe it:)

Anonymous said...

So so cool! Love the sound of the water at night. Way to go Frank!! Hope you had an amazing trip. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Kelly K.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...