June 6, 2011

My Baby Girl


...is 18 months.  The time goes way too fast, although I enjoy watching her learn and change and grow.


She still has lots to say and tries to repeat everything we are saying...especially her brother.  She l-o-v-e-s to imitate and do anything he does.


She loves to greet everyone she meets with a sweet, joyful "Hi!".  She will say it over and over until they acknowledge her.  She then says "Bye" until they are out of sight.


I love the way her language comes out...for example, "hand" sounds more like "hind" (rhyming with mind).  Not sure where that accent came from!  "Shoe" sounds more like "she", "Flower" is "flou-wa" (one of my faves!!), and "macky" for macaroni and cheese.


She is such a sweetie and another of her favorite words is "Thank You".  She says it all the time and is so super sweet.  Another favorite is when she says, "good girl".  One day, we were outside and my tulip petals had fallen to the ground.  She looked at them and said, "uh-oh", picks up the petals, puts them in my hostas and says, "good girl".  Loved it!!


One night, I was trying to distract her after she had put on her new kitty pajamas.  I took her little baby bottle and pretended to feed one of the kitties on her shirt.  She thought that was so funny and took the bottle from me.  I waited for her to imitate, but instead, she lifted up her shirt and put the bottle in her belly button!!  ha!


In true Wisconsin fashion...this girl LOVES her cheese!  Cottage cheese, cream cheese, sliced cheese, shredded cheese, cheese sticks...this girl loves it all!


Another cute thing she started lately is that when she wakes from her nap, I hear her call from her crib, "Mama, all done".  Totally makes me smile!


She loves to help clean up!!!  YAY!!!!!  We were at the park and she sat there getting all the little wood chips off the slide and other places they shouldn't be.  The nursery workers said that she also helps pick up every.little.crumb. off the floor.  Finally someone on my team!!!


She is sweet beoyond words and full of life!  I love my Laura-bella-roo!!!

4 comments:

Titi said...

My heart just melted 4x over and I have this urge to just claim I'm sick so I leave work, come to your house and kiss those precious adorable cheeks of hers!! XOXO Laurabelle!

Kelly Marin said...

Oh very sweet! You take amazing pictures, I'm so jealous, who needs a professional studio when you have talent. Wow, do you want to come to ca and take some of my kids! Wow

NikkiB said...

Awww...thanks Kelly! I really only have a "point-n-shoot" camera and soooo badly want a REAL one!! But, *sigh* I have to wait. I LOVE taking pics of my kids and would LOVE ANY excuse to come to CA!! :) :)

Linda said...

Love those Laura pics and oh what a sweetie she is..funny how you said she likes to pick up..and the flower petal comment...too cute!! I want her I want her I want her...to squeeze cuddle tickle hold play with & dress up ha! I wonder how long it will take me to catch her LOL....can't wait for July!! XOXO Mimi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...