July 26, 2011

Trout Fishing

After our time at Bookworm Gardens with Uncle Paul, Aunt Val, Serena & Jezel, we all headed to a trout farm.  (Unfortunately Dad wasn't able to come along...so GOOD thing for Uncle Paul as Mom doesn't touch fish.)  Anyway, Nolan was gung-ho about fishing...until we arrived.


I'm not sure why he suddenly had no interest in fishing, but...he was very insistent he wasn't fishing.  Well, Uncle Paul had a few tricks up his sleeves....


"Hey, Nolan...I have to help Serena fish...can you please hold my pole?" {wink, wink}
It worked!  And in less than a minute...he had a trout on the line!  I knew that if he just caught one, he'd be hooked (haha)!


So, he fished for the next five minutes and caught 4 trout!  He even cast the line, caught it, and brought the line in all by himself by the last one!

Does that face say it all or what?!

But, he was done at 4 fish.  He said that was more than he wanted to catch...but he was very pleased.  He even sat in the little shack with Uncle Paul while they cleaned and filleted the fish.  (I wouldn't step foot in that thing...I came within a foot and was gagging from the smell!)  Paul said Nolan was very mesmorized and intent watching it all....he didn't even flinch when fish guts squirt all over his (Nolan's) shirt!!! *sick*


He was so proud of himself for catching 4 fish and was sooo excited to show Dad and have Dad cook them on the grill.  (which he said was delicious!)
As we were driving away from Uncle Paul's house, Nolan says:
"Mom, I can't believe that Uncle Paul got me to fish!"
We had a great time and hope to go again and take Daddy with!  Thanks so much, Paul, for all your help and making it such a fun trip for us!!!   Great memories!!


2 comments:

Kelly Marin said...

I loved that face on Nolan! I'm with you on the fish thing...Eww...

"Titi" said...

Ha! I'm glad Uncle Paul got Nolan to fish too! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...