Happy Birthday Nolan!!!
I can't believe my "little boy" is 5 already!! I'm so proud of what an awesome kid he is. He's fun, smart, silly and loveable!

I wanted to make his day so special. We started out with a birthday breakfast of "Gooey Cinnamon Biscuits". They were seriously divine! (You must click on the link and go make them...you'll thank me! Even if your hips don't!)
I got the highest compliment from Nolan,
"Those were a homerun for me! They were better than a hotdog!"

After breakfast, we had to head to the doctor (bad scheduling on mom's part...). Four shots and bloodwork. :( But, he did great overall and was very proud to tell Daddy that,
"I was much braver than Mommy. When she got her 5 year shots, she hid under Mimi's chair!"
It's true. And I was ready for payback. But, he did well.
38 lbs. and 42" tall!
38 lbs. and 42" tall!
After breakfast, we met up with some friends for a yummy birthday lunch at Culvers. He wanted Grilled Cheese, fries and chocolate milk.
Then an Oreo ice cream sandwich for dessert!
After lunch, we played outside until Dad came home. The sun even came out!!
His choice for dinner was Bean & Cheese Quesadillas. Then the cake! When I first asked him what he thought it was (it didn't have the candles on yet)...he said "a cactus!". Lol.... Nope...a golf course! Please be kind and say you see a golf course too!!

His favorite gifts were definitely his two remote control cars.
Laura loved the cake...well the frosting mostly! LOL
Oh, when he first woke in the morning, I told him Happy Birthday and asked if he felt bigger. He said, "yeah!"...then proceeded to walk around the house and reach his hand up as high as he could saying, "Look, I can reach up to here now!!".
I just love my little man!!!
Happy Birthday, Buddy...I Love Love Love You!!!!

And Sister does too!
2 comments:
happy birthday, Nolan!!!
I saw the golf course right away. :)
Catching up...I can't believe how big the kids are getting! And I'm so impressed you're keeping up with blogging right now. :)
Post a Comment