November 27, 2011

Monkey Birthday

It has been birthdays galore around here since September...between friends & family, we've been eating lots of birthday cake and Laura has been singing "Happy Birfday Cake" for weeks! :)


I did a combined "Monkey" birthday for Nolan and Laura in October with some of their friends.  My mom (Mimi) was visiting and was able to celebrate with us!  (Due to the crazy time of life we are in right now...there was no doing two parties!)


My sweet, sweet friend offered to do it at her house (for same "crazy life" reason) and we ended up with beautiful weather and had a great time!


We started with decorating gourds with stickers.



Then our resident "clown" made the kids animal balloons.


However, the favorite "animal" is always a sword.


After eating,



it was cake time!!



Banana cake with buttercream frosting was a hit!


Here are the favors ...


We had a great time "Monkey-ing Around!!"

One side note...the day before the party, I was finally able to get little "piggies" in Laura's hair!  I was so excited and think she looks adorable :)!



2 comments:

Titi Megan said...

So fun! :)

Leah said...

LOVE the piggies and the cutie Monkey birthday party!!

Happy Birthday kiddos!! (you don't have to tell them...I'm rather late...)

You're all lookin' good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...