November 29, 2011

Nolan Says . . .



Setting:  We all had colds/coughs going around.  So, of course, I was making sure to encourage Nolan to eat well and drink lots of fluids (especially orange juice).  So, while drinking a glass of orange juice after a coughing spell, ...


Nolan:  I can feel it punching.


Me:  What?  


Nolan:  I can feel the juice punching it all away!
(He meant fighting the cold! LOL)


*******************************************


Setting:  We went to the Garden of Lights Christmas light show at our local Botanical Gardens.  There were so many people, they had an overflow parking lot a ways down the road where they would shuttle people in on a bus.  I did not tell Nolan where we were going.  I told him that it was going to be a surprise.  So, as Frank and I are figuring out where to park and driving around, we keep hearing...


Nolan:  Are we going to space?


Me:  Space?  Nope, not space, but it will be a really fun surprise that you will like.
(a few minutes later)


Nolan:  But, we aren't going to space are we?


Me:  No...not space.  (huh??  What is he talking about??)


Well, after we park and get in line for the bus to shuttle us in...


Nolan:  Oh!  It's a bus, not a rocket!
(He thought we were talking about taking a space shuttle!!) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...