January 24, 2012

A New Journey Begins...

*Whew*!  The last month has been a crazy whirlwind!  Between Christmas, a cross-country move, good-byes, finding a new home, packing then unpacking, meeting new friends and reconnecting with old, sick kids, mom to Urgent Care (2x), 2-hour DMV tour, ...yeah, it's been crazy-busy!!  But, I'm back (I think!).

We have arrived here, safe and sound.  God has put the pieces in place, provided in so many miraculous ways and it's been good.


The kids and I flew here (30 hour car ride wasn't appealing with a 2 year old!) the beginning of January to begin finding a home.  We had to be at the airport at 5:30a.m.  (and you all know what a morning person I am!! LOL)  The above picture was taken after we got off the plane and were at the rental car area...two kids, two large suitcases, two car seats, one stroller, a laptop bag and a backpack!  (yeah, we were a sight to see!) If you look close, Laura is in her pajama pants.  She peed thru her pants during the landing of the second flight and I only had her pajamas I had changed her out of that morning.  Yup...a true adventure!  So, after I wrestled this all (while trying to hold Laura's hand) inside and down the elevator...we were on our way!


As we drove out into the beautiful sunshine (it was about 60 degrees)...Nolan says, "Good Byyye Winter, Hellooooo Summer"!   Then Repeat (Laura) kept saying, "Hiii Summer!!".  It was so cute!  They were so excited to be driving around with their windows down.  When we stopped for a bite to eat (Hello, Wendys...that was for you Jules!), Nolan wanted to take this picture in the back of the rental for Dad.  (see those rays of sunshine??!!!!  Beautiful!!!)

We found a house right away...


 and it's right by a park!
  

Yay!...my kids love being out in the park!  And there's a beautiful mountain view...everywhere!

The good-byes and leaving friends and family behind is SO hard.  But, we are excited for the new chapter and all that lies ahead as we feel smack-dab in the middle of God's will!  Stay in touch (please!) and I'll do my very best to keep this updated with all our new adventures!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Welcome Nikki - Nolan - La La & Frank - we are SOOO BLESSED to have you here with us!!!

Leah said...

Ah yes, new chapters...leaving the old and embracing the new...I totally understand. :) I'm so glad you got there safely and are already settling. Praise God!!! Looking forward to keeping in touch!

p.s. When I saw the park I thought, "Perfect for them!!!" :)

Leah said...

p.s. LOVE your boys comments!!!

mama hall said...

What an adventure! I love that you are able to see God's hand in it all. This post reminded me of that saying "if He brings you to it, He will bring you thru it." Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog! Your words meant a lot to me! :)

NikkiB said...

Thanks for stopping by, Eryn! I'm glad it was encouraging!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...