We went to the zoo on Tuesday evening and had so much fun! Nolan is at the perfect age AND we had perfect weather (ok....so it was perfect for April in Wisconsin)! It was around 60 degrees, sunny and no wind. Nolan asked me all day if the animals could get out of their cages, but when we got there, he was so intrigued and can't wait to go again!!
There were peacocks everywhere! I lost count. So beautiful!!
There were a couple peacocks that had their feathers all spread out. I didn't know that they *shake* their feathers. It sounds just like a rattlesnake. Frank informed me (guessed I missed this in biology) that the males do this to woo the female. This one was working hard at it and would even turn around and *shake his tail feathers*!
Bald Eagle. This was in the aviary and Nolan would run along the walkway and follow the ducks in the pond and little stream.
Nolan sat for the longest time and watched the lions *play*. There were 5 of them. I am still in awe of the size of their paws!
I didn't get a picture of the monkeys, but that was another of Nolans favorite. We can't wait to go again! I just love family trips like these!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment