October 12, 2010

Changing & Growing

 

Laura, you are growing and changing so fast.  It is bittersweet to watch.  I just L.O.V.E. the baby stage, but yet, it is so exciting and fulfilling to watch you discover and learn new things.  The world is so new and fun and exhilirating to you!


You are crawling and getting into everything as fast as you can!  You are strong and I call you my little "Linebacker"...as you push and pull chairs around.  You are pulling yourself up on everything and squealing with such delight at your accomplishments.  (Meanwhile, my heart is leaping in fear that you'll fall...).  


When I start to sing "Patty-cake", you clap your hands and smile SO big, it melts me!  You just started clapping on your own a few days ago and are so proud of yourself.  You also love to sing and dance.  Sometimes even when my cell phone "rings", you begin "groovin'" to it. 


Many times, when I pick you up, you pat my back with one hand as if to say "Thanks Mom, I love you!".  What sweet moments!!


The other night, it was VERY late and I was sooo tired.  Yet, you were wide awake.  Not fussing, just awake and jabbering away.  So I decided to lay you in our bed between us so I could keep my arm around you and drift off to sleep (and hopefully you'd follow suit).  Well, you finally settled down and I thought you were finally asleep .... But, suddenly, oh so slowly yet deliberately, you reached your little hand up and pinched my nose!  I instantly began to giggle...very quietly as I didn't want you to fully wake back up.  But, you could feel that I was giggling and began an all out belly laugh yourself...which made me laugh harder...which made you laugh harder.  And...we sat there and giggled and giggled. 
You are SO precious...and watching your little personality come to life brings such enrichment and joy to my soul!


You still adore your brother.  And it is still so sweet. 
Love you sweetie!!

2 comments:

Patti said...

She is SO beautiful!! She looks like a girl version of Nolan. I love her headbands- I probably asked you, but where do you get the flowers? (I thought you said you made the headbands?) I have been reading, but not commenting- life gets crazy here! My favorite posts are the "Nolan says"- that little boy is so stinking cute!! I still think of the two-by-smoker thing he said:) I wish we lived closer!! Give those babies a smooch from me!

Kelly Marin said...

Oh that is so sweet! They do grow so fast. Its good that you are enjoying every moment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...