Setting - Outside. The morning started off cool and Nolan was wearing windpants and a sweatshirt. The sun began to shine and it got nice and warm.
Nolan - Mom, I am getting hot. Can I get a different shirt?
Me - Sure, I can go get you a t-shirt to put on.
(I go in and retrieve a shirt for him and as I am changing him...)
Nolan - Mom, I want different pants too.
Me - I am not sure if it is that warm, are you sure you want different pants?
Nolan - I want "T" pants.
Me - (confused) What? What do you mean "T" pants? Do you want jeans?
Nolan - No, Mom, not jeans, the other ones....."T" pants.
Me - (still confused) Honey, I am not sure what you are talking about.
Nolan - "T" pants.
Me - (thinking, thinking, thinking) - Do you mean shorts?
Nolan - (enthusiastically) Yes, Mom, ...shorts!
I dawned on me later......I asked him if he wanted a "t-shirt" (short-sleeve) and so he wanted the "t-pants" to go with.... SHORTS!
**************************************************************
Setting: I was getting ready to leave the house (I think grocery shopping) and Nolan was asking me if he could get out some toys (you know...some with lots of pieces that would be allll over).
Me: No, Nolan, those will make too much of a mess this time of night. *pause* Ok guys, I will see you in a little bit.
Nolan: (to Frank) Mom is leaving, now can we make a mess?

1 comment:
I love Nolan's sayings, they are so cute and funny. Your fall header is beautiful too!
Post a Comment