October 13, 2010

Birthday Cupcake

Yesterday was my sister's birthday!



Nolan wanted to take her flowers, a cupcake, and balloons to her at work...so we did.  He was so proud to carry in the gerbura daisy bouquet.

Well, that evening, I decided to make her a cake.  This chocolate cake with this frosting.  My mom bought me one of Wiltons cake molds for a Giant Cupcake (since I want to do a cupcake theme for Laura's first birthday).  So, I decided to try it out.


Isn't it cute??!!

Well, right before she showed up, I went and put the kids in their pajamas.  When Megan got here, we walked into the dining room . . .

and the top of the cake had slid off!!! 

Oh My Gosh!!

Sorry, didn't get a photo of that.
The cake mold is two pieces, layered.

I hadn't let the cake cool completely.

Almost, but not completely.

Lesson learned.

It WAS delicious though!!  And luckily, I got a picture before the "Great Fall".  AND...some of the frosting melted into it and it was kind of like a lava cake.  So, maybe it was better?!  ha!

Happy Birthday Megs!!

3 comments:

Kelly Marin said...

Wow that is so cool , can I borrow that mold-Ha-Ha. Sorry it all fell:(

"Titi" said...

XOXOXO LOVE YOU!

"titi" said...

oh, and LOVE that cake!! Thanks for making my day special..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...