February 9, 2011

It's IN there...


Where do boys learn to "shoot/harrass/dismantle" Barbie?  Frank does not pretend to "shoot" me!  His grandfathers, uncles, and friends' dads ....they don't shoot girls!!  He doesn't watch "shoot 'em up" shows.  It amazes me that it is just "in there".  Nolan isn't the type of boy that likes to wrestle and he isn't destructive, but it is "in there" nonetheless.  I understand the whole "protecting" gene in males...but how harmful is Barbie?  He doesn't pretend to shoot the stuffed bears!?

Anyway...Nolan found it hilarious to aim thru the window of our playhouse and hit Barbie in the head with his dart gun.  He was on a mission...even had to stop and reload! 
(His Uncle Greg got him a dart gun that holds 35 darts at a time and has a rapid fire mode.... see??... it's just "in there"!!!  I don't have a picture but that thing is just about as big as him! ha!!)

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Yeah, there definitely is something in boys that makes them want to shoot things. ;0)

Kelly Marin said...

Nicki, I love how God made boys, Its just in them! I remember being a little nervous when I had Isaac, I already had 3 girls and no idea how to "raise a boy"(although my hubby had no such fears)and I was amazed how he gravitated to the balls and cars and as he got older "shooting the girls" and everything else boys do so naturally. I could tell you some pretty funny boy stories, but its just so cute! I love every minute of it and I'm know you do too.

Lori Culver said...

Hi Nikki! This made me laugh! My younger brother had taken his family to The San Diego Zoo (and they happened to wind up eating at a McDonald's - where there was a large group of kids on a field trip) - and the only toys they had left for the Happy Meals were these miniature Barbie's. He said the boys immediately starting using the Barbie's as guns and were shooting each other with them. Ha! I also read where some woman wouldn't allow any type of "weapons" in the home for her two young boys - so what did they do? They chewed their toast into shapes of guns and starting shooting each other. IT'S IN THE GENES! God made it that way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...