December 9, 2011

Holiday Fun

There are so many fun things I love about Christmas (and lots involve food!).  We start the beginning of December (if not the end of November) and I savor every moment!
I don't know what took me so many years, but this was the first time I made chocolate covered pretzels.  Chocolate covered anything for that matter!  They were delicious!

We used white chocolate and the kids had a blast adding sprinkles.


Laura used almost her whole bowl of sprinkles on just five little pretzels!

Check out that sugar-rush!!  Yes, there is a pretzel underneath there :).

She used the same method when it came to decorating cutout cookies.  Once she had her cookie covered with as many as it would hold, she proceeded to eat the rest of the sprinkles.

I would say this year takes the "Most Colorful" award.  Call me way behind, but this was the first time I used colors such as purple, blue and orange.  My good friend (Hi Kelly!) and her cute niece came to help!  It was a great afternoon of cookies, frosting, sprinkles, conversation, frosting and more sprinkles!

Another sweet friend (Hi Julie!), made these cute felt crafts with me.  

It's "Decorate Your Snowman and Christmas Tree"!
For some reason, Laura likes to put eyes on the snowman and then cover them with his hat.  Every.time. 

Nolan likes his snowman to have legs. Every.time.  I'm sad that I don't have a picture of it!  Here's the funny story behind it:  
As Julie and I were making the snowman accessories, there was a pipe in the template we were following.  I asked Julie if she thought we should include it as I wasn't sure I wanted to explain "smoking" and that we don't approve of it but "here, give one to your snowman".  Julie said there will be bigger things in life to explain, so make the pipe we did.  Of course, the first thing Nolan asks is, "What's this?".  I told Julie to explain...LOL.  So, she told him it was for the snowman to blow his steam out.  Nolan thought it looked like a foot and decided he needed another one.  Well, I was cutting out of orange at the time, so he got two orange feet and his snowman now has a little "duck" look to it! LOL.  He has also used the pipe for a golf club for the snowman.  Never used as a pipe, but it has been one of the most popular accessories thus far.

This picture is SO Laura's goofy personality!  I had to include it :)!

Those are a few things we've been doing for our holiday fun!
Hope you are making the most of it too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THe many roles of a pipe.... That is too cute! That looks like a cute project to keep them busy for a while.
The cookies look yummy too. Alyssa wants to do her pretzels today too.

Keri W. (it wouldn't let me use my google acct the first time???)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...