December 11, 2011

Trimming the Tree

What fun it is!  We got our tree and the kids (especially Nolan) were so excited to decorate it.  I let them have mugs of hot cocoa (as you can see on Laura's shirt below) as they waited for Daddy to get it up.  It was FREEZING (like below 20* and windy) when we picked it out.  Needless to stay, we made one stop and a quick decision!!  So, hot cocoa with marshmallows was definitely in order.

I'm so glad Frank loves Charlie Brown Trees as much as me!  There's something so fun about a sparse tree that's not quite a perfect "tree-shape".  I especially like that your ornaments stand out so much more!

We always save the star for last!  

Dad doing a little straightening ;).

The finished product...
(no, I didn't have time to do any photo-editing, so please ignore my files on the desk!)

Then time for pictures of the kids.  I'll let them speak for themselves...
Nolan said that IS his smile (that sound familiar, Papa??!!)...and even though it doesn't look like it, he was asking to wear a Santa hat...really!!!

What a ham, huh?!

I L.O.V.E. Christmas and my two little munchkins make it that much better!!

2 comments:

Titi said...

I also think that those two munchkins make Christmas more fun! :) Cute!

Leah said...

Your tree is beautiful! I love the Charlie Brown trees, though I would'n't have when I was a kid.

I also LOVE the gingerbread tree idea!!!! So glad I checked your blog to see that. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...