April 13, 2012

What We've Been Eating

I've been on a "try-new-recipes" kick and thought it would be fun to post some of the recipes that I've tried and what we thought about them (especially for you Tracy H...are you out there??).  Let me know if you get inspired, if you try them, or what you've been making!!

~Adaptions - I didn't use the whole can of peppers as I hadn't used them before and didn't want it to be too hot.  I used about half a can.  I did mine in the crockpot (about 7 hours), so I only added one can of the Dr. Pepper.
~Review - We all LOVED this.  I made tacos out of it two nights.  Then, I added BBQ sauce to it and had it on homemade rolls the next two nights.  We still had some left and I froze it for future use.  Definitely a keeper! 


~Adaptions - I used cottage cheese in place of ricotta and made my own tomato sauce.  I seasoned the spinach while cooking instead of putting seasonings in the tomato sauce.
~Review - LOVED!  My kids and hubby devoured!!  Definitely will make again.  Plus, it looks so purty when you serve it :).


~No adaptions
~Review - very simple and good.  This is the recipe that I used on the Lasagna Rolls above.


~Adaption - I made a whole chicken in the crockpot, shredded it and used about half the meat for this soup.  I didn't have tomato paste in the pantry, so I used some ketchup.  Also, I used flour tortillas instead of corn.
~Review - DELICIOUS!!  This was soooo good and in my opinion, it MUST have cilantro and avocado on top :).


~No adaptions.
~Review - Very good.  The only thing is her recipe says she used 1 lb. of chicken.  I used almost 2, so I did 1 1/2 of the "sauce"...however, that was too much.  The "sauce" measurements would be good for at least 2 lbs of chicken and a bag of stirfry veggies!  We ate over rice and with stirfry vegetables.  Very tasty! :)  We all liked it...just a little too much sauce and I'd probably go with a little less honey.  Will definitely make again though!


~Adaptions - I used the basis of this recipe, but added the following:  zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and avocado.  I used some leftover chicken I had and french bread I had made.
~Review - YUM!  Had a little too much "bite" for the kids, but Frank and I REALLY liked it.  Especially with all of the extra veggies in there!


Hope you find something new to try!  Would love for you to share your latest new recipe! :)
(Clicking on the recipe title will take you to the recipe.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum these sound so good I'm going to have to try these! I'll let you know how we like them:)Kelly M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...