Laura is 17-months and full of personality! I love her cute, little, chubby-thighed self to pieces!!! She melts my heart with her cuteness. Here's another update on things she's saying/doing. If only we could freeze these moments in time!
She's saying . . .
~"bebe" - baby
~"tsk ... ahhhhhh" - that means drink
~"mmmmmmm" - food
~"pease" - please. In the cutest voice, with her palms up in front of her. How can you say no to that?!
~"Naanaa" - Nolan. Anytime I say "Big Brother", she responds with it.
She's doing . . .
~In the mornings, the kids and I "wake up" together on my bed. Laura likes to take one of my devotions and read it to us (every morning). As she reads, she moves her head from side-to-side and always stops to laugh in the middle of whatever she is reading us.
~She loves helping with laundry. She helps me sort clothes (saying "pease" for more laundry) and will also pick up clothes off the floor after changing into their PJs! Lovin' that!!
~She is very excited to be brushing her teeth now! She says "teeth" and points to her toothbrush.
~She's found a love for books in the last few days! YAY!! If you know me, you know I have a kid-book addiction...so I am very excited Laura has found a love for them (and sits still long enough to enjoy them!). She does like to empty the shelf and read them all at once...but it is progress!! There are a handful of times that I have found her sitting on the couch with Nolan and they both are reading.
~We have some friends that have small babies. Laura is a bit rough-n-tumble, so I was a little leery of how she'd be with them. I was so pleasantly surprised! She is so sweet and was bringing them toys, Nuks, their shoes and hats! Awww.... Nolan was even teaching her to say one of their names (Tessa), and she says it so cute!! Nolan says, "BFF Tessa" and Laura would say "Tessa".
~One day, Laura pinched her finger, so I was holding her and kissing her little finger. Well, ever since then, if she gets hurt, she will come over to me with her hand in the air (sometimes her other hand holding one of the fingers) for me to kiss!! And she does this whether she bumped her head, chin, toe, leg, arm OR hand! She's always just holding up some fingers to kiss! It cracks me up!!
~When she is hungry, she will pull the highchair over to me. We stopped over at a friends, and she found a little portable booster seat. She promptly emptied it out, brought it to the middle of their kitchen, sat down in it, put the tray on, looked at me and said, "mmmmmm". This girl knows what she wants.
~She's at a total copy-cat age. She follows her brother around and wants to do everything like him. She is even wanting to drink without the lid on her sippy cup (umm...ya gotta learn about gravity first, cutie!). Toys, bikes, food, books, laughs,...if brother does it, it must be fun! She loves "Naanaa"!
~She LOVES Chapstick!! We call it "pretty lips". She opens it up and proceeds to smear it on her tongue. (yeah, we definitely don't share ours with her!! ha!) I did find her also trying to put in on her eyebrows. Little Beauty Queen.
Lovin' you lots, beautiful girl!!!


1 comment:
Oh look how cute she is guarding the cooler from those pesty seagulls!!(she's gets serious about her snacks!) LOL..You're getting way too big!!=( Love you, Mimi xoxox
Post a Comment