June 10, 2010

Favorite Salad


I have been eating this salad almost everyday (true confessions...sometimes twice a day) for over 3 months.  Yes, I love it THAT much!  I was never really the *salad* type, but can't get enough of this!  So... here are the basics:

  • Mixed greens (spinach, red lettuce, green lettuce, etc.... *weeds* as my brother/dad call them...not iceberg!  I get this great mixture at Sam's Club.)
  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Feta Cheese
  • Sliced Almonds (pecans are good too!)
  • Cran-raisins
  • Lemon Poppyseed dressing

Now, I sometimes add some tomato, or cucumber, or chicken, ...but above are the *must haves*!!  My absolute favorite ingredient that changed salad for me...the mandarin oranges!  LOVE 'em ... and they were extra delicious when I got them fresh in California!

Just thought I'd share :)

2 comments:

Patti said...

I am for sure going to try this, looks heavenly!

Leah said...

I love that salad as well and eat it a lot during the summer. Take out the feta and add ranch and it's yummy as well! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...