For Mother's Day, I not only got to be with my kids, but my wonderful mother was in town as well!! She was here for 12 days and we had such a wonderful time visiting!! 

I simply have the most wonderful mother on earth and hope to be as giving, helpful, loving, patient, fun, kind, (and the list goes on) of a mom that she has been to us!
We went to Mayflower Greenhouse for the afternoon as my mom (and now us) adores flowers! Little did we know that they were having a special event and we would be greeted by:
Yes, a camel! By the time I got out of the car, loaded Laura in her stroller and got over to them, Nolan says:
"Mama, this horse is called a camel"!
ha ha ha!
They have so many cool things at this greenhouse. I SO wish I was this creative (or had the time). And, it makes such a beautiful backdrop for pictures.
I am so thankful for the rich heritage I have in salvation and what a wonderful example my mom is. I am SO blessed by my children and thank God for them daily. I was again reminded the other night....as I was sitting on the bed feeding Laura and reading a book to Nolan....of how incredible the love of a mothers heart. I just sat there and smiled, feeling SO lucky and humbled to be their mom....feeling such a love for them that my heart ached...feeling so happy to see their little personalities emerge...feeling in awe of how they captured my heart!!! I just never knew how powerful and wonderful being a mother was going to be!! (I am not very good at putting it all in words.....that is my best attempt...I think you other mothers know what I'm trying to say! ha!)
Anyway.... here are a few more pictures from our lovely day. And there will be more to come!
(this wasn't actually taken on Mother's Day, but I love it and couldn't wait to include it! hee hee)
Last, but certainly not least......me and my beautiful sister! (whose idea it was to bring my mom here for Mother's Day!) I love her to pieces...every blond hair ;)




2 comments:
Great post Nikki!! And thanks for sharing the websites you like to read about cooking/baking AND the photo editing website. We just got a new camera recently and they have a number of photo editing ON the camera and I'm like you...always having to edit each picture! :) Take care, Rachel
Great post and wonderful pictures! I love the flower place!!!
Good to hear from you again. :)
Post a Comment