November 23, 2010

Nolan Says...


Setting:  November 2nd, Election Day!  The kids went with me to vote and we are getting in the van after.

Nolan:  Look, Mom!  There is an American flag on this sticker.  What does it say?

Me:  It says, "I voted".

Nolan:  What's voted?

Me:  Well, voting is what we do in America to tell who we think should make the laws, or rules, and be in charge of America, where we live.

Nolan:  Oh, yeah.

(About 5 hours later when Frank gets home.)

Frank:  I have to go vote.

Me:  Nolan, can you tell Daddy why we vote?

Nolan:  To see who's the boss!

******************************************************************************

Setting:  At the dinner table and Nolan is telling Frank about his trains that he was playing with that day.  He was saying that he just doesn't have enough cabooses.

Nolan:  Dad, we need to ask God to tell Santa that I need more cabooses for Christmas.

Frank:  Well, why do we need to ask God to tell Santa?  Maybe you could just write Santa a letter.

Nolan:  No, Dad, we need to ask God to tell Santa.  If we write Santa a letter, he will probably bring it to the neighbors and not me.  That is why we need to ask God to tell him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet the simple faith of Nolan to know that God is more reliable than Santa!! GreatAncy

Patti said...

My favortie posts are always your Nolan Says posts:) I always read them out loud to my family:)

Leah said...

Yes, "Nolan Says..." is my favorite!!

I love them both!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...