I love apple pie.
It is the all-American, make-your-house-smell-like-home, great comfort food. My mother-in-law gave me this recipe for a No Crust Apple Pie. Frank has decided this is his favorite apple pie.
You take apples . . .
pour the batter on the top, bake...and voila!...it makes itself a crust!!
I think I still love the tried-n-true, regular, time-tested, 2-crust apple pie myself a bit better. But, this is an easy recipe, it IS so good and . . . you can say you made a "homemade" pie crust! ;) Let me know if you try it!! We made it with some of the apples we picked.
Crustless Apple Pie
about 7 cups apples, peeled, cored, sliced (I don't measure!)
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. flour
1/4 c. water
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Fill pie pan 3/4 full with apples (I used about 7 or 8 small Cortland...McIntosh are good too...or which ever trips your trigger!) Sprinkle with 1 T. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon (I also sprinkled a little nutmeg.)
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Spread mixture over apples.
5. Bake 50-55 minutes.
ENJOY!!!


4 comments:
ooo...this looks delicious!!! i'll definitely be trying this one out!! gotta love fast AND easy!!
looks yummy! i have a favorite recipe for deep dish apple pie that i use every year at thanksgiving..and my husband always asks why i only make it once a year! you inspired me to make it this week:)
Yum! That looks awesome, I think I may try it for biblestudy this week. Thanks for sharing.
I can testify that it's easy and good! Some of my family like the crust best, so were not voting to skip real crust next time... but they didn't turn down a piece of this one either=)I used spartan apples w/one golden delicious in the mix and was yum!
Post a Comment