November 29, 2010

Why?

Over the past few weeks, I noticed that the "Why's?" have changed.  You know the "Mom, why does...?, but why?, well, why?"...every answer you give is followed with a "Why?" until you finally have to say "just because"! 

Well, we have a new "Why" around here.  Lately, Nolan's "Why" has become a "Do you know why?".  But, he doesn't really want an answer.  In fact, the other day, we were getting out of the van and he asked me "Do you know why... (something or other)" and when I answered, he said, "No, Mom, I want to tell you the answer". 


So, now, most of the day, the question is "Mom, do you know why ...".  He knows about everything, and even if he doesn't, he comes up with something that sounds good to him.  When we go places, while we're outside, around the house...everywhere!  It's "Mom, do you know why...

...the fans are on (at the gym)? Why? In case they are getting warm and need to cool off.

...the warm conditioning doesn't work (heat in the car)? Why? Because that rock in the tire is blocking it.

...the water sometimes shoots up in the air (water from the dam)?  Why?  Well,... well,... well...because the water goes down and then some of it shoots back up.

...Laura is sleeping (in the van)?  Because she is tired (ooops...I forgot the game)  No, because she thinks the music I am playing is sleeping music.


...my belly is flat and round? Why? Because I am starvin'! (right before breakfast...)

...that garbage truck is down there?  Why?  Because there might be garbage down there.

...monster trucks don't drive on the roads?  Why?  Because they jump and they might jump on a new car instead of an old car.

...backhoes don't drive on the roads?  Why?  Because they might push the wrong button and scoop up some of the road and some of a new car.


Needless to say, it is quite entertaining!  It is like he is bringing payback upon himself.  I get to say Why? and he gets to make up answers!!

1 comment:

titi said...

LOVE LUV LOVE this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...