January 6, 2011

SNOW!

The first night it began to snow...the kids watched it out the window for the longest time.  (Well, Nolan did anyway...)
 

Nolan was SO excited to get our first snow!  He couldn't wait to get outside and shovel with Dad and make a snowman. 


Mom isn't as excited...Dad did buy Mom a snow shovel once ... I've never used it!  He tried to convince me that it would be "romantic" to shovel together.  I didn't buy it!!!  I'm more about romantic times over Hot Cocoa.  However, Nolan was PUMPED to have his own shovel!

As usually happens...we got dumped on with about 12 inches of snow in a short time.


Daddy pulled Nolan around in the sled and eventually built a 5-foot sledding hill in our front yard!  I am not sure who was more excited to have our own sledding hill...Nolan or Daddy?!  (sorry... no picture of that...although it was quite impressive!)


This is our snowman.  Daddy doesn't mess around.  He builds a base (by shoveling the front lawn) and then fills a 50 gallon trash can with snow for the body!

Laura and I enjoy watching them play in the snow...from the warmth of the living room :)!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Great pics! I love the snowman! We can't wait to get a decent amount of snow around here.

Linda said...

Those pics are so great in black and white LOVE 'em!! Way to go...drink some hot cocoa for me=)

Kelly Marin said...

Oh those pictures are so awesome! I wish I was there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...