Calling all lovers of basil!!
You MUST read this wonderful information ! Did you know that you can freeze fresh basil? Yes, you read that right! Well, I found this lady's post on accident and was so intrigued that I had to try it. And, so far, ... it works! I love the fresh basil at the farmer's markets in the summer, but was always saddened that it was so short lived. Well, sad no more! I have two quart-size freezer bags in the freezer with fresh basil! I am so excited. I also learned (someone else's post) the best way to keep fresh basil (aside from freezing). Take the bunch of basil, trim the stems slightly and quickly put in a jar of tempid water. Then, loosely cover the basil and jar with a plastic bag and keep on your counter out of direct sunlight. (I used a gallon sized bag.) Change the water each day. I have done this for over 5 days and my basil is still fresh! The bag helps keep humidity for it.
So...I thought I'd pass along these tips for anyone else that so loves basil!
Oh...and if you love basil... here are three YUMMY recipes to try:
1. Pan-fried Chicken and Ham Parmesan
2. Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes, Caramelized Onions and Feta Cheese
3. Vegetable Pie with Zucchini Crust
2. Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes, Caramelized Onions and Feta Cheese
3. Vegetable Pie with Zucchini Crust
2 comments:
Cool! I love basil!! Thanks for sharing:)
Ok you are awesome! Basil is my fav. I am currntly growing my 7th basil plant and it hasn't died! Yes! The funny thing is I had heard some say something about freezing it too, but didn't catch the whole conversation about it and now you're blogging about it.Yay! I'm def. going to have try those recipes.
Post a Comment