About three weeks ago, our church had their Vacation Bible School (VBS). I was the craft station leader (Clipper Ship Crafts...say that 3x fast...) and Nolan went for 4 of the 5 nights. He had SO much fun and I was very excited about that since it was out of his "comfort" zone. VBS was for kids between the ages of 4 and 12. As you can imagine . . . there were some great comments from the kids that week and I had to share:
- Each day, there was a "tagline" for the night. Well, the first night, it was "God's Word Is True". A girl shouts out : "God's One and Two"!
- The second night, the "tagline" was "God's Word Is Comforting". Nolan told his dad: "God's Word's come for me"!
- During our craft time, I asked the kids "What makes it hard to understand some things in the Bible?" A little girls response was,
"If you are Spanish".
I was a little surprised and then she continued:
"If you speak Spanish, it would be hard because God is English, not Spanish"! - A little girl asked me,
"Do you have your favorite hair on?"
I told her it is my favorite, least favorite and everything inbetween as I'm stuck with it! (I don't know if she thought I wore wigs????!!)
I L.O.V.E. hearing the things kids come up with!!
1 comment:
I LOVE remembering the silly things kids say and wish I'd written down more of them.
Too funny!
Love the one about your favorite hair!! :)
Post a Comment