August 31, 2010

Nolan Says...



Setting:  Playing in his sandbox.

Nolan:  Mom, I need to add water to the sand to make it a 'lil rough-n-tough for the trucks to dig in.

******************************************************
Setting:  In the kitchen.  I reach for his antibiotic from the fridge and the lid wasn't on tight.  I had just mopped the floor and some flew across it in a long line.

Me:  Shoot!  (or was it "dang it!?)

Nolan:  It's ok Mama, there's lots more.

Me:  No, it's not ok.  Mommy hates when she makes messes!  (I was sooo bugged at myself.)

Nolan:  Wellllllll.......sometimes people have to forgive themselves too.

Me:  What?! (stopped dead in my tracks) ...Where did you hear that?

Nolan:  God told me.

***************************************************

Setting:  The kids and I are walking down the street to a friend's house.  We pass a house that has their car parked in the drive way.

Nolan:  That is a two-by-smoker. 

Me:  Really?

Nolan:  Yup, it has two smokers.  (It was a car with two tailpipes.)

Me:  (laughing)  Nolan, you are so cute.

Nolan:  Yeah, I know.  I know everything about cars.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Again...I LOVE the thing kids say.

I'm amazed how he came up with the "forgiving yourself" one. Out of the mouths of babes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...