August 6, 2010

Grandma's Pie

I made this glorious Peaches 'n' Cream Pie a few days ago.  It is my Grandma Fisher's recipe.  It is the first time I made it myself and it was so good.  I had a bag of fresh peaches that all came ripe and so...I made this pie!
 

As I was making it, I was reminiscing about my Grandma (she just passed away in January) and my love of peaches.  My grandma used to can fresh peaches.  I LOVED them!  When we were kids, she would ask us what we'd like to take for the road when we left her house...my brother and sister always requested candy, soda, etc. 
Me?  I always said a jar of peaches. 


Then I was remembering our first dog.  We got our first dog when I was about 4 years old.  It was a Golden Retriever and my dad said I could name it.  I said, "It's the color of a peach!  That's it!... Peaches!"  So, Peaches it was.  We had to eventually give that dog away ... when we got a new one about 5 years later ... it was Peaches too.

It never dawned on me until yesterday that I had/have such a love for "peaches"!  So, go make this pie (recipe below)... you never know the revelations you may get about yourself! ha!!

Peaches & Cream Pie
(Audrey Fisher)

1 unbaked pie shell, large (make rim as high as possible)
4-5 large fresh ripe peaches, peeled & sliced
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
dash of salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. whipping cream

1.  Preheat oven to 440.
2.  Fill pie shell with peaches.
3.  Mix together sugar, salt, cinnamon, flour and cream.  Pour over peaches.
4.  Bake for 40 minutes.  (I cover the crust so that it doesn't burn.)
5.  Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...