Setting: Nolan, Laura and I are playing on the floor together in his room. Nolan has a row of matchbox cars lined up.
Nolan: Mom, will you play cars with me?
Me: Ok! Well, what are we going to play?
Nolan: Well, here (hands me a car) . . . You will be the "mash-tang".
**Yes, it was actually a red Mustang! ha**
***********************************************
Setting: Frank, Nolan, Laura and I had taken a walk down the block to the boat launch and we were on our way back. The parking lot is on a slight incline and Nolan was riding his bike.
Frank: Nolan, you might have to get off your bike and push it up to the trail.
Me: Nolan, I will push you a little...I think you can make it up this hill if you get pedaling fast.
Nolan: Yeah, Dad, ... I can make it up this hill. (very matter-of-factly) That is just part of the job.
***********************************************
Setting: My aunt emailed and asked me to follow-up with Nolan and see how he got his voice out of the tree. (re: this post)
Nolan: The wind blowed it out.
So, there you have it...he has his voice back!
Nolan: Mom, will you play cars with me?
Me: Ok! Well, what are we going to play?
Nolan: Well, here (hands me a car) . . . You will be the "mash-tang".
**Yes, it was actually a red Mustang! ha**
***********************************************
Setting: Frank, Nolan, Laura and I had taken a walk down the block to the boat launch and we were on our way back. The parking lot is on a slight incline and Nolan was riding his bike.
Frank: Nolan, you might have to get off your bike and push it up to the trail.
Me: Nolan, I will push you a little...I think you can make it up this hill if you get pedaling fast.
Nolan: Yeah, Dad, ... I can make it up this hill. (very matter-of-factly) That is just part of the job.
***********************************************
Setting: My aunt emailed and asked me to follow-up with Nolan and see how he got his voice out of the tree. (re: this post)
Nolan: The wind blowed it out.
So, there you have it...he has his voice back!

2 comments:
HAHA! Once again I'm laughing so hard..
Funny! Love the things kids say at these ages. Dora has cracked me up too lately...she told her sister the other day (out of total frustration when she couldn't get a word in at all cause Natalie kept talking over the top of her)..."Natalie! Quit rupting me up!" (interrupting me! Hahahaha!) I laughed so hard and didn't have the heart to correct her. LOVE this age and the things they say! Precious.
Post a Comment